1 HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
From the Author: Goals for this Book
Programming books can often look rather intimidating and uninspiring, but they do not need to be. We wanted to redesign the tech book and make it more accessible, relevant, and attractive to a whole new group of readers. The result is a book that feels more like a magazine and is enjoyable to flick through, and looks like it belongs in the graphic design section rather than the programming section of a bookstore.
- Large info-graphics are used to help simplify new or complex concepts
- Clean design and layout presents each topic on a new page for easy reference
- Printed in full-color, using a vibrant palette to distinguish different types of code
- Attractive code samples help you make beautiful web sites
From the Inside Flap
WELCOME TO A NICER WAY TO LEARN ABOUT HTML & CSS
Whether you want to design and build websites from scratch or take more control over an existing site, this book will help you create attractive, user-friendly web content. We understand that code can be intimidating, but take a look inside and you will see how this guide differs from many traditional programming books.
Each page introduces a new topic in a simple, visual way with straightforward explanations accompanied by bite-sized code samples. You will also find practical help on how to organize and design the pages of your site so that you can create websites that look stunning and are easy to use. No previous experience needed.
This book is for
- Web designers and programmers
- Online editors and content editors
- Marketing & e-commerce managers
- Bloggers and hobbyists
You’ll learn to Write
- HTML and CSS3
- Structure web pages and sites
- Prepare images, audio, and video
- Control typography and layout
- Code examples available online at: www.htmlandcssbook.com
- Plus video demos and tutorials
- Bonus reference tools